Kimberly Holmes Header REVISED

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My Apologies

AN APOLOGY TO ALL THE WOMEN AND MEN STILL SUPPORTING AND DEFENDING DONALD TRUMP:
I'm so sorry you don't have better quality men in your lives.
This is NOT locker room talk. This is NOT 'boys being boys'. This is NOT how all men talk. I promise you this is true.
Young teen boys may try out this sort of thing but as they mature into manhood many men hold themselves to a much higher standard. They honor the women in their lives. They know how you treat one woman is how you treat all women. They know that young girl is somebody's daughter, that woman is somebody's mother or somebody's wife. They understand that how men treat the women in their family is a legacy that lives on and teaches all the young boys born into that family for generations to come.
I'm so very sorry you do not know these men and I'm terrified if you are raising your sons to think this is acceptable behavior.
If you are a man reading this and still supporting and/or defending Donald Trump then I sincerely apologize that you have not had better role models in your life. They are out there and I hope you search high and low for a mentor and get schooled in what it means to be a true gentlemen. Your sons and all other young men in your life are watching and your mothers/grandmothers/aunts/sisters/ daughters/granddaughters are either reaping the benefits of your honorable words and actions or paying the price for your lack of understanding of what it means to be a real man. This 'boys club' is not cool or funny or just the way that men are. Set a higher standard for yourself and live up to it. Be part of an elite club called GROWN ASS MEN.
One more thing...if you are a Christian who preaches family values I won't be able to trust your words anymore as this behavior does not support that belief.
I love you and I will not unfriend you on Facebook or stop speaking to you. I respect your choices but please promise me you'll give this some thought and deep reflection.

1 comment:

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips