Kimberly Holmes Header REVISED

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Just for Today

Today I am grateful for so much. 

I was paying attention. 
I was astonished. 
I will tell you about it.

Waking up before the sun and listening to the birds.

Launching my website.
Getting great feedback.

Feeling brave.

The first day of winter break and 
staying in pajamas until noon with my daughter.

The sound of the knife on the cutting board as I 

chopped vegetables for chicken and dumplings.

Clean dishes dried and ready to be put away.

A clean bathroom.

A new broom.

The fifth day of no caffeine and the way 
my mind feels clearer and my eyes brighter.

A friend bringing dinner and spending the evening with me.
The sound of her son and my daughter playing and laughing.
Cuddling up with them while they took turns reading 
in a new book they had given Lilly for her birthday.
Listening to each of them share how they start their 
mornings at school with their teachers and classmates.

Sad stories. Funny stories. Hard stories.

Laughter.

Understanding.

Truth telling.

Sharing old pictures of ourselves and agreeing that 
life does something beautiful to our faces as we grow older.

A midnight snack of super sharp cheddar cheese, smokehouse crackers and apple juice.

It is astonishing.
 All of the goodness inside of one day.
Just for today, no matter what is happening in your life, decide to look for beauty. Make it your job to focus on what is good. The more we focus on what we are grateful for the more we have to be grateful for. I have tried this even in the darkest times of my life and it changes my 
heart and my mind. 
every. single. time.
Even if you are going through your hardest days, 
I assure you there are still things to be grateful for. 
So go get a pen and some paper.
Pay attention.
Tell us about it. 
You will be astonished too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips