Kimberly Holmes Header REVISED

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Mom, You're a Skank

The room was dark. The air was frigid outside and we were snuggled under one down comforter and two quilts. 
I was just about to drift off when I hear the tiny, 
sweet voice of my 9 year old daughter say: 

"Mom, you're a skank."

Me: "Whatttttttt??????? What did you just say????"

Lilly: "What? I don't even know what skank means."

Have you ever tried to describe skank to a 9 year old?
I am not even going to try to recall my feeble attempt. 
Once she got the general idea of what a skank was 
she said "oh, nevermind then, let's just say you're a skunk
Me: But do I look like a skunk????
 (secretly worried that I really needed to get my hair colored)

That comment made me remember this:

 I told her about my cousin that I was once very close to, who had this uncanny ability to look at a person and could almost immediately recognize what animal they were. She would say some people are a straight up rabbit or horse and then you have your combo deals. Maybe a little horse mixed with something.....a dog, a cat or perhaps a pig. I do not have this skill and I would be highly entertained at how easy this was for her and she was ALWAYS right. Imagine the fun you could have at a mall, or an airport!!! Once she told me what she saw then I could instantly see it too. Sometimes that's all I could see. Instead of my neighbor talking to me all I could see was a talking giraffe. I know it sounds crazy but it's true! 

 We could not contain our laughter at this point so we called Heidi (the big sister) to tell her the skank/skunk story and get her on our late night shenanigans. Once we got Heidi laughing, Lilly decided she would try her hand at this 'person as animal' challenge with her sister as the first victim. This is where my laughter turned to tears running down my face. Her big sister is actually quite beautiful with gorgeous blue
 eyes and crazy long eyelashes. She has long, 
silky hair and a beautiful smile. 
However, apparently when Lilly sees her 
this is what she sees, and I quote:

"Heidi is a weirdish chipmunk with a touch 
of badger and a touch of weasel."

Can you picture that?

What exactly is a weirdish chipmunk?

Oh. My. God. 
This girl.

She pegged her big brother instantly by saying he 
was a gorilla with a touch of owl. 
You know what? 
He IS a gorilla with a touch of owl. 
He really is.

It's cold. Really cold. It's snowy and icy. 
We have cabin fever. 
This is how we entertain ourselves.
I was thinking maybe you might like to play this game too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips